Tips for NTS & ETEA Written Tests
If you are going to appear in any NTS or ETEA written test then now you are at the right platform. We shall share with you some super tips for NTS and ETEA written test in this article.
- First tip is, NTS and ETEA usually publish the pattern, format, content weight-ages and sample papers well before the written test date. So first of all you must follow them and make your preparation strategy accordingly.
- Second tip is improve your general knowledge as much as you can. Buy some quality general knowledge book fro market and try to cover it within minimum possible time period. Then prepare next book. But if you have limited time then we can suggest you one book i.e “Who is Who and What is What”. This book covers many areas of general knowledge.
- If you don’t know answer of any question then try to guess the correct answer using your common sense, but it is only possible when you are mentally peaceful so don’t let the test to disturb you mentally. Take it easy. Avoid bluffing and try to guess intelligently.
- Post, job and concerned department related questions are also asked in written test. So try to get maximum knowledge about the department, post and job for which you have applied for.
- English is second important part of NTS written test after general knowledge. We can not suggest any particular book for English, you will have to improve your general English grammar, vocabulary communication and verbal skills as the pattern or format if English section different from test to test. Try to read English newspapers and watch English news channels.
- Buy some books about analytical and quantitative reasoning if you have some time as major part of different NTS and ETEA written tests are related to analytical and quantitative reasoning. And try to practice as much questions as you can because you can not master analytical and quantitative reasoning without practice. But in case of limited available time you can use again use “Who is Who and What is What” because a portion of this book is also related to analytical and quantitative reasoning.
- We have written detailed article on “How To Clear Different NTS Recruitment Tests” and “How To Clear The Job Interview After NTS & ETEA Written Test“. it is recommended for you to read both these articles for detailed guidance about these topics.
- Normally 100 MCQ types questions are asked and each question carries one mark. A candidate has to get minimum fifty percent marks in NTS or ETEA written test to qualify it. But qualifying the written test does not mean final selection as many other things are also considered for final selection including marks and performance in interview.
- Usually in NTS written tests five different versions of question papers are distributed among the students and the color and questions of these five different versions differ from each other. Normally question papers of following colors are distributed.
That’s why different answer keys are published for each color question paper. So i here make it clear to all of you that cheating is near to impossible in NTS written test due to strict vigilance and different versions of question papers papers.
- Generally questions are related to following areas
Every Day Science
Your Specific Field or Subject Related
Communication & Verbal Skills
Post Related Questions
IQ testing questions
Computer & IT
This is a general list as the pattern and format of different tests do not necessarily to match each others. We have explained in our above mentioned article that how you can prepare thee topics.
On last tip if you start seriously the preparation of NTS or ETEA written test then you must also appear in CSS, PMS and specially in all PCS exams because when once your general knowledge and English will be improved you will be able to attempt these exams too.